Hey Guys,
I really appreciate the replies. It's just what I'm trying to understand so I can make the decision that makes the most sense. I realize I can't be given any definite answers and we're working with speculation here, but it sounds like you'd lean on some 'normal' sized laptops being VR compatible within the next many months rather than year+. I'm okay with waiting a bit should that be the general best present guess. Q4 2016 would be okay with me. I don't want to get swept up in the usual 'wait for the next processor and you'll always be waiting' mess but this is a pretty black and white thing. Either the laptop is VR compatible or it's not and if I want my computer to last me 3+ years, I want to get something that I won't want to replace 6 months later because it isn't compatible with something I want to use it for. I'm a lot less concerned with having the latest and greatest but it'd be really frustrating to have my new laptop not work for something I want to use it for and their be a new alternative shortly after my purchase.
With regards to HIDEvolution, that sounds quite intriguing. Is it at home support globally or send in? I'm quite comfortable paying a premium m so long as it is at home service and has a great reputation. For all of Dell's faults over the years, I never struggled to get someone to my doorstep within a couple of days to fix the issue. I'd rather have 10 issues arise that can be fixed at home than 3 issues that involve sending it in. Personal preference there, but I value that quite a lot.
Is there a reason you said "xps thin is getting your hopes up"? The specs on the better configured XPS 15 look quite powerful to my novice eyes so it really just seems a matter of having a compatible graphics card and eliminating optimus issues. If they can overcome those two problems it seems like a well configured XPS would operate as a solid laptop for my needs. Maybe not a souped up Alienware or another gaming specific rig, but would still do the job for a few years. That said, I really appreciate other suggestions as well and am open to other brands especially if I can feel comfortable with the warranty situation. Travelling and working with my laptop a lot puts quite a strain on it so I assume I end up with more issues that a person who plops it on their desk 99% of the time.
This forum is fantastic. Amazing to receive such great and helpful replies from people like you.
Virtual Reality (Vive/Oculus) Near Fure Laptop Compatibility
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire