EDIT: Ok the new pascal card is available on laptops now! Now that I waited, I am ready to pull the trigger! Please help with suggestions as I am not very knowledgeable in this field! Thank you~
Hello guys, I made a post about 3 years ago when I decided to go with the w230st. I have mixed feelings about my experience with the clevo as it runs pretty fast and was small enough to put in my bag to carry around during school but the fact that it was sooooooo loud and how hot it ran along with the fact that it ghost keys (which was super annoying for most of the games I played) as well as its weight. Additionally, the laptop has been breaking down on me often around last winter. However, I am surprised to see that the laptop still holds great reviews and I am thinking whether I have a dud or it was just not the laptop for me.
This time around, I am mostly looking to avoid those problems that made me feel like I made a bad decision. I will try to be as descriptive as possible for what I am looking for!
General Questions
1) What is your budget?
Hopefully under $1,500/Can go up to $2000 if I must
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen - After owning a 13 inch, I decided it is too small for me.
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
USA - New York
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
I only care about whether or not the laptop will fit my needs and not break down (quality + what I am looking for)
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
No, unless it's a steal
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming/Everyday tasks/Bring to class
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Gaming on a desk/Bringing it around to class and library
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
I am not sure what games I will be playing as of now, but would like to try overwatch and am a fan of MMORPG's (Guild Wars 2 was a game I played often)
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Not a main concern, but I do not want it to die from just using microsoft world and internet for 2-3 hours
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
I would like to see images of the laptop
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 10? I am not sure here
Screen Specifics
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
I would like to game on at least 1920x1080
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Not sure, but since I do hate glares, maybe matte is the way to go?
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
5/10 on a scale from 1-10, meaning as long as it's not embarassing to carry around, then no it does not matter
15) When are you buying this laptop?
Hopefully as soon as possible unless there is a BIG reason to wait it out
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
Longer than the w230st I owned
Notebook Components
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
Yes, the SSD's speed was very nice to have
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
Not really
I will be willing to answer any additional questions if you guys feel the need for them to clear things up!
Back for a new laptop after 3 years
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire