vendredi 12 août 2016

PSA & Request: Graphics Amp + VR + Monitors = Slight Frame Drop

Hi guys,

So, I've come across an interesting problem.

I use this setup:
17" AW R3
Graphics Amp w/ GTX 1080
Dual U3415W Dell Monitors
VR (Vive and Rift - one at a time via hdmi)

Using Vive or Rift, I've noticed frame drops every ~8 seconds from 90hz to 75hz for a few frames then go back up to 90hz. This is fairly consistent across all VR games no matter the complexity.

I was able to find the culprit, by disconnecting my dual monitors from the amp and run purely off the laptop display only with the VR units attached via the AMP then everything runs at 90hz no problem.

This problem was also with my 980TI and old nvidia drivers (I've updated w/ the 1080 to the latest). I originally thought the 980TI was being taxed... apparently it was not.

I've submitted a bug report to nVidia as I'm fairly convinced this might be a driver bug. It even happens with 1 external monitor connected as well. And yes, there are no other applications running, services, etc that would be causing this... I've run in a basic startup mode to test this conclusion.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has a similar setup, in terms of any AW laptop (Any Size) + GA (Any Card) + external monitors (One or Dual) + VR system (Vive or Rift) and could help test my hypothesis as well. Easiest way I found to see it happening besides looking at the Vive frame reporting tool is to just throw FRAPS on the PC application of a Vive or Rift app and you will see the frame counter. I see it clearly drop from 90 to 75... sometimes 90 to 85 or 80, but still drops every 5-10 seconds.

Thanks!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



PSA & Request: Graphics Amp + VR + Monitors = Slight Frame Drop

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire