samedi 6 août 2016

CPU evaluation

Thanks for your answers

I literally soaked the RAM as well as the CPU during aprox. 1/2 hour in Ethanol

I used a soft paint brush to clean everything out

I prefer Ethanol over Isopropyl because it's cheaper and look more volatile, faster to dry

I am waiting 4 the thermal paste: ShinEtsu x23

I tried Artic MX-2 and hated it: too liquid, I had to clean again residues tonight...

Also I believe MX-2 is abrasive

Thanks for your answers, I will post pictures of the machine when restoration will be over

This is a very nice ThinkPad W520 with i7 XM CPU

With SSD drives this is pretty much exactly like the machines they released this year

Also, Lenovo parts are cheap in Europe so I bought new covers!

I love old ThinkPad, they were the best notebooks ever made

Let's block ads! (Why?)



CPU evaluation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire