dimanche 7 août 2016

XPS 9550 - GeForce 960M - BSODs and unstable system

Hi, I have issues like BSODs, system freezes, super snail performance and nvidia graphic's driver crashes. It's even hard to get to login screen unless I disable nvidia chip in Device Manager. Then everything is working normally. When I try to run anything a game or other 3D intensive application using nvidia chip I get system freeze and then BSOD. What's weird to me is that I don't see any yellow triangles or red circles in Device Manager. It takes long to install drivers for nvidia chip but they also do install.
I've replaced RAM chips, tried different SSD, reinstalled Windows, reset BIOS, flashed older BIOS... nothing works except disabling nvidia.

My problems started after my xps suddenly shutdown itself running Valley Benchmark and Prime95 in the same time. Led in front was blinking white and orange for some time and then laptop shutdown completely.

Could it be that I had some worse quality nvidia chip and it didn't handle the temps too well? As I said already system is very stable now. It wasn't that stable even when nvidia chip worked. I'm waiting now till my warranty transfer will be finished and I will contact Dell as I don't have any other ideas. Maybe some of you have suggestions I could try in the meantime?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



XPS 9550 - GeForce 960M - BSODs and unstable system

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire