vendredi 12 août 2016

What Laptop Should I Buy (Budget - $1500)

Hello everyone! Apologies in advance for the large post.

My old Clevo P-150 SM (http://ift.tt/2aT6Vq8) met its unfortunate end recently, and I'm in the market for a new laptop. As I stated in the title, my budget is $1500 (max, willing to go a teensy bit over but I'd like to stick to it).

I'm looking for a 15.6in laptop in the United States.
FAQ Questionnaire not answered in the rest of the post
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Not really. I'd like it new to avoid worry.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming.

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
It'll move from apartment to apartment, but mainly stay at my desk. Mobility would be nice.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Modern games - Fallout 4, GTA V, etc.

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Ideally 4+, but I know this is a sacrifice that gaming computers make.

Screen Specifics
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen?
Matte, but if it's glossy it won't kill me.

Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
I don't want it to look tacky. I like things subtle.
15) When are you buying this laptop?
ASAP
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
3+ years ideally.
Notebook Components
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, ideally.

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
Nah.

I've been shopping around and found a few potential options. I'm mainly looking for a gaming laptop, having a decent battery would be nice, but it is a gaming laptop, I know that's usually a consequence. Some things I find important: a 500GB SSD as a primary drive - I can't go back to loading games on a HDD - the curse of having a SSD is real. A quieter noise while gaming would be nice too - I've had jet engine fans in the fast and want to avoid that.

From what I've found, I'll likely be getting a laptop with a GTX 970M, which seems very reasonable for what I'm looking for.

Some laptops I found:
SAGER NP8657-S (CLEVO P650-RE3) http://ift.tt/2aT6a0j
-I liked my old Sager, this seems like the natural procession.

GIGABYTE P55WV5-SL3 http://ift.tt/2bqf9Kt
-I've heard this thing runs HOT. Also loud. Thoughts?

Acer Predator 15 G9-591-70VM http://ift.tt/2bqff4R
-A little concerning due to the SSD being small, seems to be too expensive versus my other options.
Do any of you have experience with these laptops? Anyone have any different recommendations? I'm all ears.

Thank you in advance for your help. I really appreciate it.

PS: Is it worth getting G-Sync for a 970 GTX M? I've heard mixed things.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What Laptop Should I Buy (Budget - $1500)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire