samedi 6 août 2016

Testing possible eGPU bottleneck with Titan XP

So my eGPU bandwidth testing on the titan XP is finished. A bit of good news for you guys.
@Mr. Fox @bloodhawk @anassa

Test Conditions:
CPU: 5960x@4.3ghz OC
RAM:16GB of DDR4 Quad Channel@3200mhz 16-18-18-38-2
GPU:Titan XP running with custom fan profile, 120% Power Limit and stock clocks.
I used GPUZ to confirm the card is running at PCIE 1.1 x16(I believe same data rate as PCIE 1.0 x16 and PCIE 3.0 x4)

Firestrike Ultra:
PCIE 1.1 x16: http://ift.tt/2aJBb5I
PCIE 3.0 x16: http://ift.tt/2aGJeTE

Heaven 4.0:
PCIE 1.1 x16: http://ift.tt/2aJAB87
PCIE 3.0 x16: http://ift.tt/2aGJ7rg

So far, very little differences between the two. It looks like the lower PCIE bandwidth is not bottlenecking the titan XP heavily! Although it seems like during heaven, PCIE 1.1 x16 did have a lower minimum fps. I am not sure if thats just due to variances or something to do with lower bandwidth.
However, remember actual TB3 have 10% less bandwidth than PCIE 3.0 x4(I believe) and I wouldnt recommend running a Titan XP as a eGPU on anything other than a highly clocked 6700k especially if you are running it at 1080p. I would be very worried about CPU bottlenecks on 1080p even with 6700k OC.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Testing possible eGPU bottleneck with Titan XP

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire