jeudi 11 août 2016

TDP Throttling XPS 15 9550

It seems like my XPS 15 9550 is TDP throttling after updating to the newest BIOS (1.2.00)
Looking on Intel XTU/Task Manger, my CPU frequency is erratic despite being on the high performance power plan. The core frequency frequently drops to around 1.6 GHz, as shown on Intel XTU. However, no thermal throttling is reported. The temperatures are high, but not that high (around the 80 Celsius range while under load.
Throttlestop reports TDP throttling when I am playing a game, which leads me to believe that there is TDP throttling occurring.
Any fixes?
I've tried a variety of Throttlestop settings to no avail, along with trying various power plans.
I've seen a recommendation online to unplug the battery, however, I don't possess a Torx 5 screwdriver nor do I want to really get one.

EDIT: It seems like I've found a temporary solution. I disabled Turbo Boost Short Power Max in Intel XTU, and while TDP throttling is still occurring, it isn't as severe. It throttles down to around 2.4-2.6 GHz, which is perfectly acceptable.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



TDP Throttling XPS 15 9550

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire