mardi 16 août 2016

Soldered models vs Upgradeable models

Hi,

I'm new to the Clevo world and I'm wondering what would be a real world comparison about of the compact and soldered models versus the upgradeable clunky models, especially from people that had the opportunity to have both types of barebones.

I know about the size, weight, and soldered or not, but how simple is to upgrade a CPU or an MXM GPU board of these models? I looked a bit about places to buy MXM boards and I couldn't find proper places to buy upgrade parts. And it seems there's a loot of hassle regarding case fitting of different MXM boards. For example, I assume that it's not possible to upgrade an XMG U726's to have a GTX 1080, because XMG U727, that is the factory fitted GTX 1080 model, is thicker than U726 (by 2.2mm).

Also, I noticed that an overclocked i7-6820HK can be as much fast as a desktop i7-6700 (or non-overclocked i7-6700K), so, even the desktop CPU thing seems to be a bit overrated maybe?

I would also like to know what people managed to do with the upgradeable models that are really worth the extra size (and price). Does the extra space really pay-off for the cooling system?

How about the ergonomics on the clunky thicker models? Don't you have issues using a keyboard that sits ~4cm above the table or gaming pad?

Thanks in advance!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Soldered models vs Upgradeable models

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire