Hi
I have been offered (for $900) a Sager NP9570 (Clevo P570WM) with 32GB RAM and a i7-4960X 6-core CPU (12 threads) with 2 x GT780M 4GB as well as a new battery and a good laptop cooler stand.
I don't play games but do a lot of Software Development with Java and this will be ideal to run multiple Virtual machines and compile big programs.
My only issues are the video cards (all I need for my work is a 128MB 2006 card ) and the glossy screen.
Can I turn off one of the video cards to save power?? And will they run in low power mode and not generate much heat (and fan noise) if stressed at likely less than 5% ????
Edit: Just heard of "nvidia inspector to force the GPUs into their lowest power state" ??
Is it massively too glossy?? (whatever 90% gamut means) for working with text?
Can I use just one PSU?? (it comes with two...)
Its an ideal machine for me in speed (REALLY fast, faster than likely nearly all machines even today) but I have always been frustrated that these big beasts (Alienware/Custom Manufacturers etc) ALWAYS put in massive video cards and usually never Optimus technology.
Its a big jump for me as I'm currently using a 13" Dell E7450 with a i5-5300U which is a mere 15W max TDP!!!!... FHD display, ZERO fan noise (from the tiny fan which rarely runs) and ZERO heat with 10h battery. But I need the power as well as 17" FHD... and I don't go portable that often (will stay in one place most of the time).
Thanks guys
Sager NP9570 (Clevo P570WM) for Software Development
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire