I did a bit of searching about this topic here, and didn't come up with anything... I registered here pretty much just to post about this. I don't know if there are others here in the same boat, but if they are I think I can do a little bit to help.
I did the windows 10 upgrade this past weekend, and was not surprised to find that the backlit keyboard control no longer worked. I got an error message about the driver being incompatible every bootup. The 8275 has no windows 10 drivers available (it appears there are no win 10 drivers for any of the older 8 color keyboards), but some of the newer models with the RGB keyboards did have windows 10 drivers... I tried them, and the hotkeys functioned but the control app didn't work for setting custom colors (it appears to not be backwards compatible with the 8 color keyboards). I read some posts online indicating that the old driver would function after Windows 10 did some updates after "a few" reboots, but that certainly wasn't the case for me, for whatever reason.
So, to be able to set my custom keyboard colors again, I left the newer drivers installed (the ones for windows 10, with the control app that only works with the newer RGB keyboards) and wrote my own little app for setting the colors. The new drivers do appear to provide the "old" 8 color interface, even though the control app bundled with them does not use them. I got a handle on the WMI interface for controlling them from an open source linux driver written in C, without having that as a reference I probably wouldn't have bothered.
I'm going to refine it a bit, and may turn it into a little service that responds to the FN hotkeys relating to the keyboard lights. I do plan on open sourcing it. If there is anyone else here in the same boat, that is interested in using (or building on) this, then let me know and I'll keep this thread up-to-date with progress and will link to the project page when it is available.
-Max
Sager NP8275 backlit KB, vs. Windows 10
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire