jeudi 11 août 2016

Read and replace Sony Vaio VPCZ13M9E internal SSD RAID drives

Well, finally arrived my DeLock 61883 (Delock Converter SATA 6 Gb/s 22 pin > USB 3.0-A male + USB 2.0-A male), and unfortunately, it doesn't work. It uses the chip ASMT1051 and is made in China. Windows 10 detects it as ASMT 1051. It looks that that chip is a pile of crap, several issues have been reported:
External drive not recognized
External usb hard disk with switch doesn't work/mount properly

It's not the first time I buy from DeLock, as I stated in other threads, I also own the "Delock Express Card > 1 x USB 3.0 item 62425", which makes the operating system freeze randomly when the express card is under heavy use.

That said, I notice that DeLock is having severe quality issues, or they hardware is badly designed in the first place. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU TO AVOID THE DELOCK BRAND, IT'S FAILING CONSTANTLY AND THEY ARE NOT TESTING ENOUGH THEIR PRODUCTS.

Luckily, I had another SATA to USB 2.0 male, that worked perfectly, although it's USB 2.0. It just works. It's from a generic brand, exactly like the following picture. It has two leds, one red and another blue to indicate both power and activity:

[​IMG]

Also, bough a generic micro sata to sata. Will try to find another sata to usb but being 3.0.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Read and replace Sony Vaio VPCZ13M9E internal SSD RAID drives

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire