jeudi 11 août 2016

RAM problems after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Hey

I have an Alienware 13 R2 laptop with Windows 10 64 bit OS. I have 8GBs of stock RAM available in the system with supposedly 7.90GB usable RAM. Unfortunately, after updating my windows 10 with the anniversary update, my full RAM is not being used up. For example this is what appears when I look at system info in CMD:

Total Physical Memory: 8,089 MB
Available Physical Memory: 5,161 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 9,996 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 6,985 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 3,011 MB

This is causing a lot of problems with games like Rainbow Six Siege completely crashing because my RAM fills up according to my task manager. When I go to system in control panel, I can clearly see 8.00 GB (7.90 usable) as my RAM so I'm confident its being detected. Just that its not being used.

I've also updated my BIOS to the latest version in order to try and solve the issue but I can't seem to fix it. I recently had a BSOD with an error message saying DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing R6 Siege after updating my BIOS. Would be great to hear some solutions for this. Worse case worse, I'll call the Dell Pro guys but it'll be great if I could fix it cause they only open up on Monday :/

Thanks.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



RAM problems after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire