samedi 6 août 2016

Need 15" or 17" That Won't Break at it's Hinges!!

So every laptop that I have had has always failed me at it's hinges. I can handle a few cracks in the casing etc but when the hinges go It starts to be an absolute disaster to use. My current one is an Acer that I have had for around 5 or so years. I've been back packing with it, taken it to different countries and used it as my main computer. It's been in wet, as well as -30 degree weather.

I've put about two tubes of two part epoxy on it to keep it together. But over the last few months the screen has been separate from the computer and I've had to hold it while I'm using the computer. I looked for a screen with the hinges online but haven't had any luck. Now my only option is to replace it.

I want a very durable laptop that is relatively future proof as I will use it until it falls apart. I would keep using this one but my wife is making me replace it.

1) What is your budget?
$700. If it needs to go higher I have to try to convince the wife...

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Where will you buying this notebook?
USA

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No preference
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Yes

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Internet surfing, streaming content through hifi audio video system

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
It will primarily sit on my lap 99% of the time

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
No

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
I like to use it in different rooms and leave the plug so more is better. Not my main priority however.

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Nah, I'll take what works.

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows or apple. doesn't matter

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
If the laptop can have a video out of 4k that would be nice but not a high priority. The screen doesn't matter.

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Don't care

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
Nope.

15) When are you buying this laptop?
This week

16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
Till I die but that isn't reasonable

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
Do not need a lot. I would like a SSD

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
No, I'll purchase a external if need be.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Need 15" or 17" That Won't Break at it's Hinges!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire