vendredi 19 août 2016

Looking to buy a home laptop

General Questions

1) What is your budget?
about 1000EU

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen

3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
Germany

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: I used to like Thinkpads from IBM, but am a bit disappointed lately because I had the impression that the newer ones are less sturdy.
b. Dislike: Apple, Dell
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
I prefer a laptop that was not actually used for a longer time - redistributed is ok though.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Home applications - Web browsing with multiple tabs and browsers, Video and Audio Entertainment via screen and external video projector, Picture editing (Photoshop etc), Virtualization (vmware) and remote access (Teamview, VNC), Audio via Bluetooth, Video via Chromecast, some gaming (no high end games).

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Usually used as a lap-top literally, but also planning on using it on a desk with external monitor - it should be mobile while travelling or going outdoors.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
No high end gaming - browser games, simulation and strategy games.

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Preferrably at least 2 or 3 hours

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Online is ok, if there are some good descriptions like a test with photos or a video

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 10

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
Preferrably mid range resolution. I am currently using a 12.5" screen at 1366x768 which is ok

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
preferrably matte, but glossy is not excluded if it serves the function of having a more stable screen (e.g. resistant against shocks)

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
not exceptionally, but it should not be bulky. I like elegant designs, but functionality is more important in most aspects. (However one "function" is that it should be slim)

15) When are you buying this laptop?
ASAP

16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
minimum 4-5 years

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
I currently use a 500 GB drive which is ok, 250 GB would be sufficient as well - definitely SSD drive though

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
No - I am ok with USB drives and external DVD reader

Extras:
I am attracted to models that have a tablet function of sorts (convertible, ultrabook etc) but are still having a regular laptop functionality with keyboard etc - currently using a X230T convertible, which was interesting, but its a bit heavy and the conversion function was not perfected yet. I do have some experience with computers, but am not a professional. I like a proper keyboard with keys that move, no on screen keyboards or touch-only keyboards. So the user interface should be functional. I prefer a laptop that closes properly without too much "gap". I do not need a fingerprint reader, but a webcam would be good, also at least medium quality speakers would be nice, so sound is not awful when coming from the speakers (although I will prefer using BT audio if possible). Weight should be not too much - I prefer <1.5 kg. USB3 would be good to have, so I can dock it to a docking station. A solid working BT and WiFi (also simultaneously) are required (My present laptop has issues with both of these running at the same time, giving jumpy audio vie BT then). A VGA output option should be present - either at the laptop itself (although this is unlikely with newer models) or there should be an adapter available that can give VGA output somehow (e.g. from the other ports available, e.g. USB3.1), since Video output to a projector with VGA is planned. I also need a lot of RAM - 12 or 16 Gb

Click to expand...

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Looking to buy a home laptop

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire