vendredi 5 août 2016

Looking for a lite gaming laptop around $700

Hello,

I am looking for a laptop for my brother.

- He said he is willing to pay around $700.
- He doesn't play any heavy games, but plays a lot of Football Manager, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and sometimes World of WarCraft.
- He said he likes something like my laptop (ASUS N61JQ, see sig for specs). And mine runs those games just fine.
- He doesn't need those fancy features (360 screens, touchscreens, etc.).
- He would like a big screen

This one caught my eye because it's 17.3 inch screen, and he wants a bigger screen, but it's only a dual core and not quad:

(1) http://ift.tt/2aYmakc

So it looks like it's going to be hard to find a 17" inch with decent specs around $700. I think I can talk him into a 15.6".

So I thought about these:

(2) http://ift.tt/2aYlxao

It's ASUS, and comes with a GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5, opposed to the 940M. And it also comes with a 128GB SSD, which will come in handy when he plays drive heavy games like Football Manager and WarCraft, imo.

(3) http://ift.tt/29ZKZt8

This one is pretty much the same as the ASUS one above, but it's a 950 GTX. And about $150 cheaper.

I'm not sure if any of those are IPS panels, but I doubt they are. He's really not picky like me. But I don't think he pays attention to that. However, I am willing to pay a couple of hundred more of my own money to get him a laptop with an IPS panel and 4GB of Video Ram.

(4) http://ift.tt/2aYmnDW

I just came across this one. It supposedly is an IPS screen. And comes with 4GB of RAM. However, it only comes with an 8GB SSD, which I assume is just a boot drive. We can always upgrade that later. But it's DDR3L RAM and not DDR4.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Looking for a lite gaming laptop around $700

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire