Hey there. I'm looking for a new laptop to replace my current one. It is an ASUS k501 that I've had since early 2010. My main problem with it is its performance; it works incredibly slow. The fan also runs constantly, even when I have only a couple programs open. I wouldn't say that I am too experienced with computers, but I tried to answer everything to the best of my ability. Hopefully you guys can give me some good suggestions! Thanks!
General Questions
1) What is your budget?
$500-1000, preferably on the lower end of that spectrum. If lower that $500 can be found for what I'm looking for, that would be great; however, I don't expect it from what I've read about computers.
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook?
United States. I wouldn't mind considering a foreign laptop and buying an adapter.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
My current laptop is an ASUS, and I like those. I've also been eyeing Levonos.
I don't really have any brands that I hate.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Yes
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Surfing the internet, watching movies, working on digital artwork programs such as Photoshop, writing essays and other school-related things, some smallscale gaming, livestreaming
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Mostly leaving it at my desk, however I may travel with it a couple times a year.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
I will occasionally. Think of WoW in terms of type
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Doesn't really matter. I'll almost always have a place to plug it in
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
I'm okay with purchasing online without seeing it in person first
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows
Screen Specifics
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
1366x768
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen?
I've worked with both and don't have a real preference.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
Functionality is more important to me than stylishness. I'll admit I'm a sucker for the back-lit keyboards.
15) When are you buying this laptop?
Within the next month or two
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
As long as possible. I would say a minimum of 3 years
Notebook Components
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
at least 256gb, preferably more. I don't know the real difference between them, but I feel SSD may suit me better.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
No
looking for a decent laptop for artwork and more
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire