mardi 9 août 2016

List of laptops with 75% keyboard

It's hard to search for laptops by keyboard design. 75% happens to be my favorite, so I'd like to get a reference going. What is a 75% keyboard, you ask? Here is an article on the Deskthority wiki, and here is an image for reference:

[​IMG]

It's not a layout, per se, at least not in the sense of ANSI or ISO. It's more about keyboard size. The 75% compact keyboards manage to keep the home row easily accessible without sacrificing much key size. As a programmer, this is a godsend. Bonus points if the up-down arrows keys are not half-size.

I feel like this design is becoming less popular in recent years. It's getting harder to find laptops with this layout, thus this thread. Naturally, you can carry a keyboard with you, but that defeats the point of portability. I'll keep editing the first post with more models as I find them. Please feel free reply with your own lists, and I'll incorporate them into this post!

I'll try to keep the list sorted first by manufacturer, then roughly chronologically or by power.

I'll think of a way to consolidate this if it gets too long. Definitely a WIP.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



List of laptops with 75% keyboard

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire