mercredi 17 août 2016

i7-6820HK vs i7-3840QM?

So I love my P150EM but the 680M is clearly becoming dated. I couldn't run The Division on anything other than lowest settings and 900p to get occasional 60fps. Most of my games are fine but seeing benchmarks of the 1070 laptop just blow it away by 3x the performance it seems and would really benefit some of the games I currently play (like GTAV).

My only worry is the CPU. I'm rocking a 3840QM that even though boasts a boost clock on all 4 cores up to 3.6GHz, I know rarely actually maintains it for long periods of time depending on actual CPU usage. Even when I had my previous mobo for this lappy before it died that had the Prema BIOS mod, overclocking the boost to 4.0GHz turned out to be mostly useless as it would throttle back to around 3.4-3.5 for extended times.

I've had my eye on both the i7-6820HK (P650RS) and the i7-6700K (P750DM2). I'm more intrigued by the fact the P650RS is a significantly smaller chasis in thickness and weight than my current P150EM.

The only thing is I'm not so sure on the i7-6820HK. How does that fair in the current previous sager models running the 9xx GPUs? Does it maintain its boost clocks well or overclocks, or does it throttle back like how I described my current CPU? I'm assuming since it is 3 generations down the road from what I currently use that its performance per 100MHz is better than my current CPU.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



i7-6820HK vs i7-3840QM?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire