I painted yet another Laptop to match my Samsung Note 4 and Gear S... A Samsung Ultra and upgraded it as well. Most of those were posted here, but they're all on my website:
http://ift.tt/1piliDc
You can save a LOT of $$$ if you buy a used laptop (1-3 years old) clean it up, (optional) paint it, upgrade and have a laptop that is more powerful by far for a lot less than you would have spent on a new laptop.
Example, early last month, my Lenovo Y50 Laptop which I also painted, MB quit on me and I have to wait 45 days for one to come from China, so I wanted a Samsung Series 5 UltraTouch, like I had before (which I also painted).
Here is how I did it.
(Note: You have to buy online for best prices, buying local is much higher, so shop around) I got a used Samsung Series 5 UltraTouch (new in Aug 2013) in #9 shape off eBay for $325. It only had a couple tiny scratches on the lid, otherwise like new. First thing I did was clean it up real good and lightly sanded the lid with 2000 grit sandpaper, then painted 5 coats of Krylon Purple Shimmer Metallic, then cleaned the keyboard/screen area which was already pretty good. Then I installed a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD, 12GB memory (while in there, cleaned the fan and ports too) & Windows 10. Adding more memory, a SSD w/Win10 made for a much more powerful laptop. Total cost including upgrades: $500. You can't buy a new one at that price with those specs.
Specs when I got the laptop off eBay:
Intel Core i5, OS Windows 8
RAM: 4 GB, 500GB 5400rpm HDD
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
New specs are:
OS Windows 10, RAM: 12 GB, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Yup, you guessed it, I painted my Samsung Note 4 too. Plus ordered a custom purple band for the Samsung Gear S. This is actually for a Best Buy Store manager now as she just had to have all three as she went nuts when she saw my setup... she is still using her Samsung Note 4. So, I will go buy another laptop and paint that one... and sell it too as the local UW Husky fans colors are purple and gold. I'll post that one when I do it as it will be done in purple with gold pin striping.
I painted yet another laptop! A Samsung Ultra this time.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire