vendredi 12 août 2016

Help us choose between a few options!

Hello, so, after long long searches, I have come down to a few different laptops in about same price range. They differ from one to another, and that's why I'm here, because I can't make up my mind by myself. It's a laptop for my girlfriend, so she wants a nice looking one, but I don't want to get her a laptop that will start struggling soon. It will be used for university stuff, and some light gaming (sims 4, nothing harder probably). The price of them all is about the same, if it will be a little different I will mention it. Pros and cons will be really shortsighted, as I don't really know the in-depth stuff! Weight is important, as she will have to carry it to uni together with some books.

My laptops which I'm looking at:

-------------------------------

ASUS UX305CA:
(link isn't the exact model) http://ift.tt/2aSsxmx

CPU:Intel M3-6Y30
RAM: 4GB
SSD: 128GB (it is enough)
Weight: 1.2kg

Pros:
Nice design.
Lightweight.
(These 2 are real winners from her side)
Good reviews.

Cons (from my point of view):
CPU. While I'm amazed by fanless cooling and such, I'm afraid that a tablet CPU might not cut it in a year or two, or struggle to play a game for 2-3 hours due to heating issues. Other laptops have cooling + stronger CPU's, which is why they are here.

-----------------------------

ACER S5-371 (Asipre S-13):
http://ift.tt/2bpdvJ6

CPU: i3-6100u
RAM and SSD same capacity.
Weight: 1.2kg~.

Pros:
Same as above.
A stronger CPU.
3 year warranty.

Cons:
While it is a stronger CPU, again, I'm wondering will it still be going good in like 2 years. The following laptops will have stronger CPUs, but have other drawbacks.

---------------------------------------------

Acer V3-372:
http://ift.tt/2aSs9V9

CPU: i5-6200u
RAM and SSD same.
Weight: 1.6kg.

Pros:
A in my view stronger CPU.

Cons:
Reviews on build quality are kind of bad (faulty keys and such, poor build quality).
Not as good looking as the above 2.

-----------------------------------------

ACER V3-571:
Link: http://ift.tt/2bpbJWZ

While it's an older model of the above one, we found it a whole 100 euro cheaper, which might be a factor, but not highly, but still worth a mention.

CPU: i5-5257U
RAM and SSD same
Weight: 1.6kg.

Pros:
The strongest CPU of all contestants according to benchmarks.
Cheaper!
Seems not to have the build issues that 372 got.

Cons:
Plain design, maybe an older CPU is a problem too, I don't know.

---------------------

LENOVO 510S-14ISK
Link: http://ift.tt/29qaFOe

CPU: i5-6200u
RAM: 8GB
SDD: 256GB
Weight: 1.5kg.

Pros:
The damn ram and ssd.
Nice cpu.
It's a lenovo!

Cons:
LITERALLY no reviews on it, so it might be bad, but nobody knows...

----------------------

HP 13-d006na
Link: http://ift.tt/2b4TX7H

CPU: i3-6100u
RAM and SSD same as majority.
Weight: 1.36kg.

Pros:
Sleek design.
Cheaper than others (by 70~ euro).

Cons:
It's an i3.
IT'S AN HP!!! I don't understand the hate on them, but oh well!

-------------------------------

If you made it down here, I want to tell you a massive thank you, and I'm awaiting for your opinion! And if anything's unclear, please ask and I'll answer ASAP.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Help us choose between a few options!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire