Looking at the GS63 reveal, I keep wondering why we keep having laptops with HDDs. They take a lot of space, are slow and noisy, are prone to failure, and don't even provide that much capacity vs a NAS or external 3"5 USB3 or TB3 drive when proper capacity is needed.
I would much rather have one or two m.2 drives (not even PCIe ones, their speed provides little actual benefit in day to day use when price is factored in), if that meant less potential drive failures, upgraded cooling, noise levels, battery life and, dare I say, smaller bezels.
Just doing a quick Newegg search, the cheapest 1TB HDD i found was 52$, and a Sandisk X400 512GB with an M.2 2280 format is only 129$. Getting rid of the HDD and the 128GB SSD that they usually put, that would be a price differential of what, 50/60$ at a supplier level? For so many benefits! I would gladly pay twice that amount...
So please, MSI, it's 2016, get rid of HDDs
Getting rid of HDDs
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire