lundi 8 août 2016

Computer Science Student Seeking Guidence

General Questions

1) What is your budget?
I'm pretty much maxed out at $1500 after warranty, tax, etc

2) What size notebook would you prefer?

c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
USA

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
I don't really have a preference. Mainly looking at Dell business laptops.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Yes. I've been browsing the Dell Outlet.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Programming, web surfing, maybe some movies, light games, editing GoPro videos, and some music production.

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Taking it every where

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
MAYBE. I have my console, but I might be tempted to download a couple Steam games or something. Not really a big factor here.

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Being a student and always on the go I would like to get a good amount. So maybe 7+?

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Without seeing is ok.

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
I grew up on Windows. I am currently using my girlfriends Macbook Pro and its not so bad. Hand gestures and feel is cool, but I think I'll stick with windows.

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
I believe 1920x1080p will suffice.

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Matte seems to fit my needs better.

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
Not really. Wouldn't mind a good looking laptop, but I'd rather just get what fits my performance needs first before looks.

15) When are you buying this laptop?

Most likely in the next week or so

16) How long do you want this laptop to last?

4 years doesn't seem to be asking for much with a business laptop

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
I would like 1TB. From what I've read, its beneficial to have my OS and common files on an SSD while storing the bulk on a HDD drive. Those SSD prices for higher GBs are a little too crazy for me so this seems more budget friendly.

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?

Not really. I do come across CDs sometimes but its not a must. More of a want.

Well there it all is fellas. I've asked here in the past and learned a lot from you guys. Especially Jarhead and Ramzay. I got away with using my girlfriends laptop for a while, but not anymore. These are some of the laptops I am currently looking at. Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

*Something I forgot to mention. I would definitely want a numpad. Also I am assuming I would benefit from another screen as well. What do you guys think? Any budget friendly recommendations?

These are the 15's that I found so far. My girls MB is 13'' and its not bad but I wouldn't mind something bigger.

http://ift.tt/2aMKSmL

http://ift.tt/2aML9Gn

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Computer Science Student Seeking Guidence

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire