samedi 13 août 2016

Buy used i7-4770k SLI or new i5-6600K?

I am looking for a low buck desktop solution. The Haswell system is used, the Skylake system I would build myself. Built many systems in the past so it's no big deal.

Haswell System, used $400
i7-4770K
16GB RAM
Asus Z87 Pro (can do SLI/CF)
1TB HDD
500w PSU

Skylake System, new $542
i5-6600K
16GB RAM
Asrock Z170 ProS (no SLI/CF)
No HDD (I have 500GB SSD)
750w PSU

The purpose is that I simply want a desktop to play with and try different things. I have a GTX 690 and I know it's limited by the 2GB VRAM per GPU but I have considered getting another and SLI "just because" even though a 1070 would make more sense. I am kinda leaning towards the Haswell system. I know that Skylake is newer. For gaming I don't think I will notice one bit of difference.

I have one GTX 690 already that can go in either system although the 500w PSU is getting close to running out of wind.

What say you?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Buy used i7-4770k SLI or new i5-6600K?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire