lundi 8 août 2016

Alienware M15X RAM Upgrade Problems

I recently purchased a new 8GB RAM stick for my old M15X. But for some reason, it won't work. There was an instance in the past where I swapped the 16 GB RAM out of my AW 15 and it worked just fine. But after I've updated the BIOS on the older laptop and installed Windows 10 Pro, it won't work. I've tried draining the internal battery, swapping RAM out of my new laptop, re-flashing the BIOS, fresh install, everything I can think of. And when I run pre-boot diagnostics with the new RAM , it only gets up to the beginning of the CPU test before restarting. If I start the computer like normal, it the Windows 10 circle doesn't make a full revolution before a BSOD that shows a different code every time.
is there a way I can make this work? I have verified that the new RAM stick is fine, so something is wrong with components or software.The specs for the old laptop are as follows:

M15X R1
Intel i3 350m
4GB RAM
ATI 5730m
(just replaced)500 GB HDD
150 W PSU
Windows 10 Pro

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Alienware M15X RAM Upgrade Problems

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire