Hi all!
I recieved a crucial mx300 m.2 SSD yesterday and thought I could to the install and do migration using YouTube! Kinda epic fail on my part. The ssd came with Acronis 2015 true image HD serial and that is what I used.
I want to the backup feature in Acronis and began the clone process. - choosing to clone the C drive to the m.2 SSD drive which was already installed. I chose to clone all data.
After initializing it requested a system reset, upon which the clone disk commenced and 9 partitions were copied over.
Upon completion, the System shut down. Upon start up it went all the way to the windows 10 welcome screen, I could log in and was then greeted with a flashing empty desktop, with the alien background, none of my desktop items were present, and the system crashed with an error (something about critical process failed). It rebooted me due to the error, attempted to fix with Alienware respawn and then errored out again.
I decided to go into bios and the boot section. Under the boot area I went to Change the boot order. There are 2 "windows boot manager" present and 2 on board nic. When I selected the other windows boot manager I was then able to load to my desktop and everything was present as I last left it.
Question is what have I left unfinished that is disallowing me to boot from the SSD. Looking at a YouTube video there should be another option under boot option 1 (where the windows boot managers are) for the SSD boot, but I don't see one.
Under my initial Bios screen I can see the crucial SSD present - can someone help me put the final puzzle pieces together to get this up and running as a boot SSD?
Alienware 15 R2 failure to migrate OS to SSD
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire