For two years, we have known, that NVidia will not be making newer cards for the old 100/125W regular 3.0B MXM sized mobile graphics cards.
So, anyone holding out for a 10X0 series, should note, they will have mobile versions of those cards, but they will have different shape and size and fit only newer laptops, like the P870DM-G(2/3) from Clevo, aka X9 from Eurocom if your Canadian like me, and MSI has one of thier own, but I'm not as familiar with the name off hand, that uses the "DT" variant of the 980 / will use the 10X0 MXM card.
(wouldn't mind anyone telling me more, mind you.)
Anyways, I have no reason to believe the 10X0 would have a "1080M" or even a 1060M as someone recently suggested to me, in the old form factor. However, if anyone knows otherwise, confirming they have real evidence of such, I would personally LOVE to know.
I would have mentioned this in the Clevo forums, but everyone there already knows, I'm sure. I get a lot of guys with an MSI laptop, suggesting they are holding out for a 1080M and contact me asking for details - of which i have very few if any at all.
Production has also slowed if not completely stopped on 980M now. So pricing, where ever your going to get it from, is about as low as it is going to go. Mentioning this, for those who have also suggested "waiting on a price drop" which never happened. They will go out of supply before that.
980M last regular size MXM 3.0 cards
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire