mardi 16 août 2016

14-15" Nvidia 10-series thinboxes?

1) What is your budget?
< $2,000

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
14-15"
3) Where will you buying this notebook?
US; prefer to deal with quality resellers like XoticPC who I'm a repeat customer of, or Amazon if I'm buying mass-market.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
I've been burned by MSI as detailed above and would prefer to stay away unless their value proposition is compelling and they've put out something well-built and cool that meets my requirements. I dislike Killer NICs and would prefer Intel WLAN/Ethernet devices.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Yes! But: they must have 1-year+ warranty like Dell's Outlet PCs do. I've bought many machines from the Dell Outlet and they're great.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Typically casual web stuff, but also modern games at 1080p, virtualization, processing of just about any kind of data from audio to video compression, etc. - I'm an IT professional and want extra power available at a moment's notice.

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
It will stay at home most of the time, yet I still want something thin and sexy, as I may lug it across town or across the country at any time.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Yes. GTA V, Overwatch, Doom, The Witcher 3, etc.

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
As much as possible. Prefer 5+ hours. The XPS 15's 10+ hours are very attractive.

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Don't care. I'll see it if I can.

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 8.1. Not touching 10 for the time being. Excellent Linux compatibility (only Intel GPU matters, if switchable) is a plus but not mandatory. Might dual-boot.

Screen Specifics

14-15" matte-preferred QHD, 3200x1800, 4K or similar. Prefer non-touch.

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
Yes, but thin and understated can be as nice as thin and sexy. I don't need a lit logo - in fact, if I can't remove the manufacturer's logo, I want it as understated as possible. I like how the XPS15 looks, but slim and light and stealth-black will work fine for me.

15) When are you buying this laptop?
In the next few months, if at all.

16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
I bought my Sager in 2012, so 4-5 years seems reasonable.

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
I want an M.2 slot, preferably with a PCIe SSD in it. Can install myself and would rather save the money by doing so. A 2.5" bay would be nice to have as well.

18) Do you need an optical drive?
It's 2016.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



14-15" Nvidia 10-series thinboxes?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire